Monday, October 29, 2007

It's a boy - Edward Mitchell Fitzgerald

We found out last Tuesday that our little one is a boy. His dad and I are very proud. Andy was so proud he asked if they could produce a 3d picture (like the one of his face and arm) of the "boy parts". It has been amazing to get a glimpse of his tiny face and to think of "him". Knowing his gender has already given him more of a personality, I imagine his kicks and punches are practicing for soccer and tennis.



Naming him was surprisingly easy. A while back Andy and I were having one of those conversations where you dream about things in the future. We decided on Edward Mitchell one day while talking about what names we would want for our children. Edward is Andy's Dad name. We couldn't be happier that he will bear his grandfathers name and hope he will grow up knowing what a great man he is named after. Of course Mitchell is very special to both Andy and I. I was so excited when Andy asked if I would want to name our boy after Mitch. It is a way for us to honor him and what he meant to all of our lives by passing on his name.

My brother has jokingly called him Cousin Eddy but I am making a request here and now that he not be nicknamed Eddy. We like Ed, Edward and E for short. If anyone has any other ideas we would love to thear them.







1 comment:

Angie Davis said...

Oh, Leah i just read this and i'm in tears! i'm so excited about your little one, and love his name! So sweet. it speaks so much about Andy too. I can understand the nickname thing too - our request was anything but "Chuck". :)

The picture of his face is amazing! A cutie already. When will you be in town for a babyshower? Yikes, will Thanksgiving be our only opportunity?