Thursday, October 18, 2007

Augustus Johan Dinkins

My perfect and amazing nephew, Gus, is one month old and I just had the privilege of meeting him this past weekend. Gus was born September 14 after Geraldine's heroic 26 hours in labor. Both mom and baby are doing well. I was so excited to get to spend the weekend with my whole family although with so many arms around it was hard to get enough holding time. My mom is especially sneaky and can take Gus away so fast you don't even notice your not holding him anymore. He is such a laid back baby, already taking after his dad. I found out his favorite place is the changing table, anytime we placed him on the changing pad he got very still and quiet. This could lull you into a false sense of security because it also placed him in prime position to give anyone standing over him a pee-pee shower. I almost got nailed but jumped out of the way saving my own self while Geraldine bravely stepped in harms way and put a diaper over the spout to keep everything from becoming totally soaked. I am so proud of my brother and sister-in-law for the amazing job they are doing as parents, I hope we will be half as good. I look forward to introducing Gus to his cousin in March. For now Gus is the center of all our attention and I love every little thing about him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: