Monday, September 10, 2007

Things we did the Summer




1. Went to Mexico for friends Matt Jay and Jesse Berg's wedding




2. Trained for and completed the Triple Bypass (more about that later)



3. Hosted Sarah Drew who lived with us while working as an intern at Andy's law firm






4. Got pregnant!


Of course there were many other things packed in but these were the highlights for us. As usual it seems that summer has flown by. Summer started with an early trip to Mexico to celebrate the wedding of Matt and Jesse. Matt is a high school friend of Andy's who now lives in Aspen and were were lucky enough to be there as he and his beautiful bride said their "I do's". Matt and Jesse were married in the Mayan Riveria not very far from where we went on our honeymoon. It was our first destination wedding and we had a great time, I have never been on a vacation where I knew half of the people staying in the resort. We felt spoiled going back to such a beautiful spot only seven months after we had just been there. Thanks Matt and Jesse for a great excuse to take a vacation.


Sarah Drew was our houseguest/little sister for the summer. She moved out to Denver after landing an internship with the Dandelion project, a therapeutic gardening program, through Andy's law firm. Sarah spent the summer preparing, planting and cultivating several gardens throughout the city. The gardens were located at different residential facilities for children who were placed there either for behavior problems or family circumstances. It is not an easy environment, the kids have lived such different lives than we could ever imagine. The Dandelion project uses the gardens as a tool to teach the kids about growing and taking care of themselves and others. Sarah was a hit with the kids and with us. She left around mid August to go back to Florida to start school. We miss our little sister!


By far our biggest surprise of the summer was finding out we are pregnant! We weren't exactly planning on it happening this summer, but we are thrilled. I am now 14 weeks along and everything seems to be going well and as it should. We are thankful that baby and I are healthy and pray that will continue for the rest of the pregnancy. I am over the hump as far as the nausea and tiredness go. Now I am in that great in between of feeling "fat" versus looking "pregnant". My original goal was to weigh less than my brother Jacob by the end of the pregnancy but after he got on the scale last week I realized that will probably not happen. How can a grown man (who is almost 6 feet tall) weigh only 142 lbs? We are looking forward to finding out if we will be adding a son or daughter to our family, we will keep everyone updated.



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Congratulations Leah and Andy!!!

I am so happy for you guys! Are you going to tell friends and fam the sex when you find out? I will be praying for all three of you. I know you will be a wonderful mommy, Leah. Please keep us updated!

Talk to you soon--Love you,
Cyndi E.

Angie Davis said...

we are so happy and excited for you guys!

Mom-of-Bean said...

..and how can a woman who is 15 weeks along, still have a "negative six pack" like her brother?
...it's in the Dinkins genes.

You'll be the most fabulous - never fat - pregnant woman...and I should know.
love, your sister-in-law

MamaDrew said...

Congratulations Leah & Andy! I love the blog and am excited to be able to keep up with you. I'm headed to Vail tomorrow for a few days then off to Boulder for the FSU football game. Maybe we can catch up with you!!! I am so excited for both of you. Can I still be a G-mommy to your upcoming arrival???

XOXO MamaDrew

Mrs. Hasenfuss said...

LEAH HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MOM (dorthy).....SHE JUST NEVER HAD ACTUAL CHILDREN!!! Leah, the only way you will ever be "fat" is if you eat biscuits for every meal like you did that summer out on the ranch! You pull up your shirt and you look so cute; I pull up my shirt and I look like Britney Spears on the VMA last night.....thats it, I'm going to do my crunches!!! CONGRATS! WHAT WONDERFUL PARENTS DR. & MR. FITZGERALD WILL BE!!! LOVE YOU & WAR EAGLE!!!

Laura said...

I'm glad I found your blog! I look forward to getting updates!