Wednesday, September 19, 2007

(Colorado) Wine Country




Palisade, CO. This past weekend we went to the Colorado Winefest with our friends Dave and Kelly. The western slope of Colorado is a totally different climate from the mountains and is where many of the farms, orchards, and all the vineyards in the state are located. The winefest is a weekend long event that features about 10 different wineries from the area. We went on Saturday and did our own bike tour, stopping at different wineries to taste their wines (don't worry, I only took the tiniest of sips and gave the rest to Dave). The bike ride was beautiful, although one unexpected hill took us all by surprise, and those of us who had had more wine than others suffered some severe heartburn at the top! The bike loop was twenty five miles and wound up and around one of the mesas in Palisade. After a 2 1/2 hour ride we stopped for lunch and then headed back to Vail. It was Octoberfest in Vail (again, only a few sips of beer) and we enjoyed hanging out in the Village and eating an Austrian meal at Pepi's. We all recommend the weiner schnitzel if you ever go.


Andy and I felt inspired being back on our bikes, it was our first ride together since the triple (my first ride at all). Hopefully we will fit in a few more before the winter sets in. It is beautiful fall weather here. We are headed to the mountains this weekend to enjoy the aspens during their golden phase. In about 2 weeks the the leaves will be gone and the snow will be on its way. I don't know which I like best. I always want the fall to last a little longer but the first snowstorm is so exciting because it means skiing will be here soon. For now we are loving the 80 degree weather and clear blue skies.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Darby said...

Hey Leah!
I'm so excited to hear you're havning a baby! What exciting news!!! I found your blog on LA's... I'm not sure you remember me or not.... but that's ok! I'm just really excited for y'all! Praise God!!