Friday, May 23, 2008


This is for my friend April, who even though she has three children (the youngest is less than a month old) and wasn't feeling well, had Edward and me over for lunch. It was a treat to see her and our friend Angie and her son Charlie. April has asked several times about Edward's room and finally here are the pictures. The things I like about this room are the bed linens which I proudly sewed myself and the rocking chair that Andy refinished. The crib that was given to us by Scott and Debbie and the changing table my parents bought. The bookshelf was in Andy's grandomther's house and we painted it to match the room. The pictures on the wall came from Andy's parents house and everything is tied together with love. I really had no true vision of what the room would turn out to be but I am pleased and think it is a comfy little place to hang out in. Edward must agree because he has slept there since he was two weeks old. We are slowly filling the bookshelves with old classics and new favorites. I have yet to make it through the Giving Tree without crying. Andy enjoys reading from his childhood favorite, the Disney illustrated version of Uncle Remus and Brer Rabbit. I have spent hours in the rocking chair staring at his initials on the wall, I am counting the polk a dots on the F. A funny thing about this room is that it's previous inhabitant, known to us as Teddy (it was written on the wall) was actually named Edward. I think this room sums up everything we love about our house. It is old and has lots of character, it is furnished in a combination of new, old and hand-me-down and it is small but in a cozy way that makes you want to be there. And one last thing, in the winter, on a clear day, it is the only room in the house with a mountain view.
Posted by Picasa