Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Mommy Brain






Forgetful, scatterbrained, just plain dumb. I do feel like this sometimes. Apparently pregnancy takes away your ability to effectively multitask or do simple things like remember to take your groceries home from the store after you have paid for them. I start a lot of sentences and then trail off into distraction until Andy asks me to please finish what I was saying. The silver lining in this brain mush I have been experiencing is an apparent INCREASE in my trivial knowledge. Andy and I sat down to play Trivial Pursuit a month or so ago and something happened that has never happened to me, for the first time ever I got every single piece of the pie. So, I may not remember where my keys are or to feed Melinda but I will know -


What southern US city got $1.5 million from the federal government to recondition a massive statue of the Roman god Vulcan?


Which ultraviolet rays are absorbed by the ozone layer- UV-A, UV-B, or UV-C?


What Austin Powers co-star did MIke Myers described as "honest, talented . . . and yummy"?


and finally:


What Big Pimpin' rapper and former crack hustler was known to judges as Shawn Carter?


If any of you are interested in the answers here they are:


Birmingham


UV-C


Heather Graham


Jay-Z

2 comments:

David said...

Can your trivia brain name 5 countries that end in the letter L?

Angie Davis said...

Dang. I thought I may be able to get all 4 (especially with question number 1...) but no. Only 2.

Since I have never known you to be mushy brained by any means, I would love to see this in action!

The sad news is that I'm not sure that it ever comes back! I still occasionally put the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the fridge, or try to open my front door w/ my keyless entry. BUT, I am a fabulous multitasker these days.