Saturday, January 23, 2010


Wednesday morning before he had to be intubated



Holding him Friday night

Austin had a better night last night.  After receiving a blood transfusion they were able to wean him off the blood pressure medicine and turn some of the ventilator settings down.  What an answer to our prayers. The latest labs look good and show he is maintaining his oxygen levels.  Now he just needs to rest and continue to get stronger. We will probably be here another week and hopefully the breathing tube will be out in a day or two.  I got to hold him last night which was quite a production as you can imagine with all the tubes and lines but it felt so good to have him in my arms again.  He seemed to like it too because we saw an improvement in his breathing and blood pressure even before the blood was finished infusing.  We are hoping for a good, quiet day.





Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lucy Clay McGehee said...

we are praying for you! I am sure Edwards is wondering where his best pal is! Love y'all!

Holly Rogers said...

Leah, I am praying so hard for little Austin! I am glad to hear he had a better night last night and I pray for him to have a good day today!

Uncle Timtruggick said...

Leah,

MeMe and I are so happy to here about Austin's improvement. I am so glad u moved him to Children's. Be strong and God Bless. I cannot wait to see the big guy in person.

Love,

Uncle Tim and MeMe

Anonymous said...

We are praying with your family. I have several friends praying also.
Dave and Reba

uncle tim said...

Happy Valentines Day. I hope Austin is well. Meme and I send our love to all of u. Meme care package is on the way.

Uncle T