Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gull Lake


We spent Labor Day weekend in Michigan with Andy's parents and brother. They have a beautiful little cabin on Gull Lake just outside of Kalamazoo. Edward took his first boat ride and got a chance to play in the water and even went all the way under with Andy's help. It was a gorgeous weekend and very relaxing. I managed to get up on my third try and slalom and them made the mistake of getting on the tube. I felt that tube ride for two days, my sore neck and back reminded me I am not as young as I think I am. Edward got to meet his Great Uncle Joel and Great Aunts Jenilee and Carole. He also played with his cousins and some new friends, the Clarks. Andy's best friend Blair and his family (Kelly, Bo, Brooks and Qwynna) drove over from South Bend and spent Saturday with us. Edward was especially fond of Qwynna, we will not trust them to be left alone when they are older! When we got back to Colorado it was cool and already feeling like fall. What a great way to say goodbye to summer and look forward to my favorite season.









No comments: